RULES & FAQS
If you do not see an answer to the question you have, please use our online contact form to query our staff. We will add questions that are received via email to the FAQ to help others.
How do I get started in WORCS racing?
What safety gear is required?
How long is each WORCS race/course?
What class should I compete in?
Can I ride more than one class?
Do you accept checks or credit cards?
Is there practice or a parade lap prior to the event?
Do I have to run a background?
How do I reserve a number to use at the races?
What are the age limits for 50, 65, 85, Girls, Vet, Master, Senior and Super Senior classes.
Do I have to run a spark arrestor or pass a sound test?
If my child (under 18) goes to the races with a friend what will they need?
Do you have transponders for rent?
How do I mount my transponder correctly?
I took my transponder home with me! How do I return it?
General Race Rules
Q. How do I get started in WORCS racing?
A. It’s easier than you think! All you really need to do is show up and race! When you get to the track, you will pay a gate fee (varies depending on venue) for each person in your group. You will also pay your race entry fee and have to either show your WORCS card, or join the association in your region, which costs $40 Big Bikes/$30 Minis for a one-year membership and can be purchased at the track. You will receive a number that can be run at any future WORCS Race. $10 day passes can be purchased as well, you will given a temporary number on a pre-printed background for the day. You will also have to rent or purchase a transponder. Transponders are available for rent for $10.00 with a $200.00 deposit.
Q. What safety gear is required?
A. All riders must have a helmet, goggles, gloves, pants, long-sleeve shirt and boots that go over the ankles. Chest protectors are not required but are recommended. Nerf bars are required for ATVs. All ATVs must have a tether cord kill switch.
Q. How long is each WORCS race course?
A. This depends on the class you enter at the event. They vary from 30 minutes in the 50cc class to 120 minutes in the Pro Motorcycle classes. Courses vary in length from 3-10 miles.
Q. What class should I compete in?
A. This depends on your age and riding ability, and your machine’s engine size, type and modifications. Look at the class section in rule books. We ask for a valid competition card verifying your ability level from any other association. Motocross classes convert as follows:
– MX Pro = Off Road Pro
– MX Intermediate = Off Road A
– MX Junior = Off Road B
– MX Beginner = Off Road C
Q. Can I ride more than one class?
A. Absolutely! If you are the correct age/ability or have the right Motorcycle, ATV or SXS, you can ride more than one class. Use the class chart in the rule book to see what you are eligible to ride.
Q. Do you accept checks or credit cards?
A. We do accept Mastercard, Visa, Discover and American Express for entry fees. All CC transactions have a 3% processing fee. We accept cash. We do not accept checks.
Q. Is there practice or a parade lap prior to the event?
A. Most events have MX Practice on Friday which includes being able to practice on the motocross track ONLY. (Not all venues have a motocross track so make sure you check the race weekend schedule on the track page.)
The Unclassified race is an opportunity for everyone to ride the entire course which includes both the motocross track and the off-road course as well. (Pro Motorcycle’s pre-race parade laps will be determined at the pro rider’s meeting.)
Q. Do I have to run a background?
A. We require WORCS Members and Non-members in all classes, including Pro, A, B, and C riders to comply with the background colors as stated in the rule book. If it is your first race as a WORCS member, you may purchase the proper background and number color combinations for $10 at the registration trailer.
If you are racing as a day pass rider, we will assign and provide you with a color background and numbers for the weekend with your temporary number for $10. Not racing with the proper colors for background and numbers for the class you are racing in can result in a penalty and/or disqualification. It is YOUR responsibility to know the correct color combinations for your class.
Q. How do I reserve a number to use at the races?
A. You must become a WORCS member to race with your own number. You can become a WORCS member by filling out the online membership form. You may see what numbers are available on the membership registration page. You can then pick a number among the available numbers at that point while doing your registration. We only RESERVE numbers for paid WORCS members. You can also join and become a member online at your selected event. We stock numbers and backgrounds for all classes.
Q. What are the age limits for 50cc, 65cc, 85cc, Girls, Vet, Master, Senior and Super Senior classes.
A. WORCS recognizes a rider’s age as of January 1st for maximum age classes.
50cc 7-8yrs must be 8yrs old or under as of Jan 1st of Season.
50cc 4-6yrs must be 6yrs old or under as of Jan 1st of Season.
65cc must be 11yrs old or under as of Jan 1st of Season.
85cc/Girls must be 15 yrs old or under as of Jan 1st of Season.
For minimum age classes rider must be minimum age on first day of event.
Vet-30yrs+, Master-40yrs+, Senior-50yrs+ and Super Senior-60yrs+ on first day of event.
Bring a valid ID to sign up.
Q. Do I have to run a spark arrestor or pass a sound test?
A. For the 2017 racing season, WORCS WILL NOT be at any tracks that require decibel/sound tests or requirements NOR will spark arrestors be needed at any of the tracks for 2017.
Q. If my child (under 18) goes to the races with a friend what will they need?
A. They must have your permission first and a completed minor release. You can download the form here.
Q. Do you have transponders for rent?
A. Yes, we have transponders available to rent for $10.00 (and a $250.00 deposit. To see the entire rental and deposit policy, please click here.) for the entire race weekend. You can purchase transponders online at http://www.mxtransponder.com/
Note: the previous grey transponders will no longer work. The new MyLaps X2 WILL work!
Q. How do I mount my transponder correctly?
A. For your race to be scored properly, it is very important that you mount your transponder correctly on your vehicle! Please download the pdf below with images of how to correctly place your transponder. (NOTE: Zip Ties provided by WORCS at the time of rental are a COURTESY ONLY. WORCS does NOT guarantee the security or integrity of the zip ties. It is the responsibility of the racer to secure the Transponder to their bike using additional measures if necessary.)
Q. I took my transponder home with me! How do I return it?
A. For detailed instructions, visit the Transponder Return Page Here. It happens! In the chaos of packing up and heading out, transponders can go home with you on accident. Per WORCS policy, if transponders are not returned by close of the registration trailer on Sunday, your transponder deposit will be charged for the $250 you agreed to when you rented your transponder out. You may return it (And don’t forget the clip! The clip is $5.) to WORCS and upon the transponder reaching the WORCS main office, you will receive a $225 back minus the $25 loss of use and processing charge and an additional $5 if you don’t send back the clip as well. To see the entire rental and deposit policy, please click here.
Simply send it to us with your name, the name on the credit card that was used, racer’s name and the round # and we will refund your deposit as quickly as we can. Please allow 5-7 business days for the credit to show up on your credit card statement.
Mail Transponders to via United States Postal Service: (It is also highly recommended that you get a tracking number and insurance when returning. Podium Promotions is NOT responsible for lost or stolen transponders in transit.)
Podium Promotions LLC
3709 El Dorado Ave N
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86406
- Off road racing is a hazardous sport, and with participation being voluntary, no entrant, pit crew member or vehicle sponsor shall have any claim for damages, expenses, lawsuits or otherwise against promoter, track operator, PP LLC., its officers, agents or directors arising from damage to any vehicle, personal injury or death, monetary loss of any kind whatsoever. Entrants, pit crew members or vehicle sponsors who voluntarily participate in any racing activities conduct under these rules, waive any claim they may have against promoter, track operator, PP LLC its officers, agents or directors.
- The promoter or track operator may run any type of approved PP LLC event.
- The director shall have the authority to penalize, disqualify and/or suspend any entrant or crew member for the violation of these rules including special rulings.
- PP LLC may issue special rulings to account for conditions presented by the location of the race, the condition of the course or any other circumstance.
- Supplementary regulations may be issued for each event as necessary to amend, suspend or modify existing rules and regulations.
- PP LLC assumes no responsibility whatsoever for delays, postponements and/or cancellations of all or part of an event because of inclement weather, unsafe course conditions and/or any other reason.
- PP LLC members are not employees of PP LLC. PP LLC members assume all responsibility for all charges, premiums and taxes payable on any funds they may receive as a result of their participation in any PP LLC sponsored event(s).
- PP LLC. reserves the right to refuse and/or deny any entry application.
- Mini bike riders must be on a 100cc or larger bike and possess an A-expert ability level PP LLC competition card to be eligible to ride in the big bike classes.
- Displacement modifications are legal by boring and stroking a motor to increase displacement within the guidelines per class. Boring down to decrease displacement is strictly prohibited.
- No rider is permitted to carry gasoline except for within the machine’s fuel tank.
- Safety equipment and machine eligibility are the sole responsibility of the rider.
- ABSOLUTELY NO PIT RIDING ALLOWED AT ANY EVENT.
Any photos, pictures, video or other media forms taken at any WORCS events will be used for media purposes only (ie. magazines, news paper, social media, etc). Any photos, pictures, video or other media forms taken will not be sold to the general public at or after any PP event. I also agree to give all rights of the photographs, video or other media taken at any Podium Promotions LLC, (PP) event, the controlling body of WORCS Racing, to be used at PP’ discretion.